We are currently accepting applications for our seasonal Field Technician position. The job description is below. Please pass this along to a young biologist, naturalist, or educator who might like to join our team.
Position: Field Technician, Monarch Monitoring Project
Departments: Research and Education
Location: Cape May, New Jersey
Reports to: CMBO Program Director and MMP Director
Job Classification: Fulltime Seasonal
Job Description: FIELD TECHNICIAN for ongoing MONARCH MONITORING PROJECT at New Jersey Audubon’s Cape May Bird Observatory, Cape May, New Jersey September 1 to October 31. Cape May is renowned as one of the world's great hot spots for migration. NJA fosters the application of sound scientific principles and practices to address conservation issues related to vertebrate and invertebrate fauna, and the natural habitats with which they are associated.
• Daily road censuses of migrating Monarchs
• Monarch tagging
• Data entry
• Educating the public about the project and Monarch biology
• Experience interacting with the public and excellent interpersonal skills
• Enthusiastic and motivated self-starter who is also a strong team player
• Familiarity with insect ecology a plus, but not required
• Willingness to work irregular hours
• Careful data collecting and entry skills
• Must have own vehicle and a valid driver’s license
Start Date: September 1, 2015 Ending Date: October 31, 2015
Salary: $900/month; housing and reimbursement for gas provided
Application Deadline: July 15, 2015
Please send cover letter of interest, resume, and three references (including email and phone contact info) to Mike Crewe, NJ Audubon’s Cape May Bird Observatory, Northwood Center, 701 East Lake Drive, Cape May Point, NJ 08212, or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The New Jersey Audubon Society (NJ Audubon) is a privately supported, not-for profit, statewide membership organization. Founded in 1897, and one of the oldest independent Audubon societies, NJ Audubon is not connected with the National Audubon Society. NJ Audubon is an equal opportunity employer (EOE).